God Possible

With Christ, all things are possible. From impossible to Godpossible.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday's Thoughts

When you are right, you’re right, and there is just no need to argue with people who refuse to see the truth.   Pigs and mud, and all that.   You don't have to prove it when you're right, and you sure won’t change someone’s mind who’s just as convinced as you are that they are right.  Truth is truth, it will come to light without your arguments.  You are in a good place, they are in sinking sand.  Don’t get in the mire with them.

People have “being bullied” mixed up with “just plain rude.”   They also have “hate” and “I don’t agree with you” mixed up.   Those people who yell “racism” generally have no clue what true racism is.  Just because they take offense to a comment doesn't not mean it is racist.   The “bullied/hater/racist” whiners are merely demanding you think as they do.   Don’t give in to it.  Be informed.  Do your research.  Think for yourself!


There comes a time when you realize that you are so politically/intellectually far apart from a person there will never be a real friendship.  Even if, aside from the political views, you like the person.   Sometimes those people are related to you. 

Shouldn't folks realize that if you don't use ugly language on your Facebook page, they shouldn't either?

Don't punish a person just for being who they are…but that doesn’t mean they get to invade your space with “who they are.”

I wanted to punish the chick in front of me at Arby's yesterday, who took ten minutes to make up her mind what she and her two kids wanted to eat, only to change the order...then change it yet again when she got to the window.  She was the only one in front of me, and it took nearly my whole allotted lunch time to get my ding-dang beef n' cheddar.

I'm ignoring the fact that no one made me wait in line that long.  Or that I didn't need that "fast" food.

We won’t even talk about diets or carbs…or calories…nah.   I’ll think about that tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, BR! I nodded thru this whole pst. And, yes, I often shut up my skinny girl with ice cream, too. Not good...not good, at all.

    Bullying, by definition, is to force someone to engage in a particular behavior or to stop a particular behavior via verbal, emotional, or physical intimidation.

    It is the demands of the "political correct" who are often the bullies here. Personally, and this could just be my Yankee take on it, I think the gay rights folks are the most guilty of that kind of bullying. They try to bully us into accepting sin--no, applauding and supporting sin.

    All of the political correct bullies have combined in my mind to reach critical mass and have earned my disdain. (I probably need to pray about my attitude.)

    Later, Gator,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could have been me a few years ago when the kids were young, they never would make up their minds or change their order around :)

    I think sometimes if you like to be around someone, especially family, and views differ on thngs, sometimes it is good to not discuss those things. Like I never would jump in and discuss politics with in laws because sometimes my opinion of something was different than theirs. I learned to keep my mouth shut a lot :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?